Are you a member of the IBTA or one of its working groups? We want your feedback!
In an effort to improve the InfiniBand Trade Association’s member benefits and activities, the IBTA Marketing Working Group (MWG) has issued the 2013 Members Survey. The survey, which takes less than 10 minutes to complete, will provide insights to the MWG in order to better serve members as well as plan accordingly for future events.
Please submit feedback by Monday, July 8th.
Many thanks in advance for your time, as your feedback is important.
TOP500: InfiniBand Sees Increased Adoption
The IBTA announced this month that the most recent TOP500 shows InfiniBand as the interconnect of choice for the world’s most powerful supercomputers, with increased adoption year-over-year.
- InfiniBand connects 16 of the Petascale-capable systems
- Fourteen Data Rate (FDR) 56Gb/s InfiniBand is the fastest growing interconnect technology
on the list
InfiniBand is the only non-proprietary interconnect to deliver Petascale performance, and the number of InfiniBand-connected Petascale-capable systems grew at a faster rate than the overall growth of these systems. FDR, the latest generation of InfiniBand technology, grew 3.3X year-over-year from 20 systems on the TOP500 in June, 2012 to 67 in June 2013, and connects the four fastest InfiniBand-connected supercomputers.
Clustered computing, connecting off-the-shelf servers to form one system capable of parallel processing, continues to dominate the TOP500 with an 83 percent share of systems. Clusters listed on the TOP500 with the highest computing efficiency utilize InfiniBand interconnects. InfiniBand is also the preferred interconnect for accelerator-based systems, connecting 80 percent of those systems.
Visit the IBTA Press Room to read the full announcement.
Upcoming SC13 Submission Deadlines
A number of SC13 submissions are still open, including the Birds of a Feather call for posters and presentations.
Submissions listed below are due by 11:59 PM ET, July 31, 2013
- Birds of a Feather
- Doctoral Research Showcase: Dissertation Showcase
- Doctoral Research Showcase: Early Research Showcase
- Emerging Technologies
- Experiencing HPC for Undergraduates Application
- Poster: ACM Student Research Competition
- Poster: Standard, Electronic, and Education
- Scientific Visualization Showcase
- Student Volunteer Application
For more information, or to submit a presentation, please visit the SC13 submission headquarters.
CRN Tech Innovator Awards
CRN Tech Innovator Awards are now open for submission. There are 18 hardware and software specific categories for the awards, including enterprise networking, storage and cloud solutions. The deadline for submission is August 9, 2013 at 8:00 p.m. ET and the winners will be announced on October 29, 2013.
There is a $195 submission fee for each product submitted.
Product Entry Qualifications:
- Qualifying products must have been released between August 18, 2012 and August 9, 2013. No exceptions
- Only new, never-before released products or major additions of functionality to existing products will be accepted
- Beta or pre-release products will not be considered
- Review units must be available if requested by CRN Test Center
- Product need not have been previously reviewed to be eligible
- Screen shot or product shot is required
For more information or to submit an award- nomination, please visit the CRN Tech Innovator Awards website.