IBTA PlugFest #25 Pre-Testing Details
Required IBTA Integrators’ List Pre-Testing
Vendors of HCAs, TCAs, and/or Switches are required to complete the IBTA Integrators’ List Compliance Testing prior to the Plugfest.
Exception: Those IBTA Integrators’ List Compliance Tests requiring two generators can be completed at the Plugfest if a vendor is unable to accomplish these tests either in-house or at a 3rd party test lab.
Please direct all IBTA Integrators’ List Compliance test questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Complete the following 3 steps:
1. Complete all IBTA Integrators’ List Compliance Testing either in-house or at a 3rd party test lab.
- 3rd Party Test Labs: Software Forge has programs specializing in plugfest pre-compliance testing.
2. Record the test results on the appropriate Compliance Readiness Form
For DUT Vendors:
- If you have HCA/SRP or TCA Devices – HCA/SRP Compliance Readiness Form (Click the Download link to download)
- If you have Switches – Switch Compliance Readiness Form (Click the Download link to download)
For Cable Vendors:
Make note in the Cable Vendor Registration Form that you have completed the Readiness Tests.
Follow the steps in the Cable MOI documents to complete the readiness tests. The updated Cable MOIs will be available in the Plugfest Documents folder: 2013-10-PF24.
The following are mandatory cable tests:
- Mellanox Eye Opening: The Eye Opening package is intended for evaluating and testing InfiniBand cables / links, for configuring port SerDes and port state, and for finding the optimal configuration for SerDes of an InfiniBand Tx-Rx pair connected by a cable. You may download the Mellanox Eye Opening MOI here.
- Memory Map: The Memory Map Verification MOI is located here. You can download the I2CExplorer at this link: I2C Explorer Tool. You may also download a DOS parser called Memory Map Parser located here. This reads the binaries from the I2CExplorer if you choose to save the data in binary instead of text data format.
- QSFP+ Memory Map Testing: this ensures that the contents of the cable connector EEPROM are properly programmed according to the IBTA specification which defines the electrical (copper), the optical and the mechanical characteristics of the pluggable Quad SFP+ Module/direct attach cable plug and connector
- CXP Memory Map Testing: this ensures that the contents of the cable connector EEPROM are properly programmed according to the IBTA Specification for 12x CXP cables.
- Time Domain Reflectometry (TDR): This part of the testing procedure ensures that the devices meet the minimum IBTA requirements which govern signal integrity. Some of the measurements that will be made include: Insertion Loss Side A - Range .1 to 14.0 GHz; Differential Mode Return Loss, Cable Input; Differential Mode Return Loss, Cable Output; Eye Height for active cables; Eye Jitter active cables. Please see the Cable MOI document for details.
- Interoperability Testing: These are system tests of the entire environment including device transmitters, cable media and device receivers. Testing is done in a heterogeneous environment to ensure interoperability between all of the major InfiniBand device vendors as well as the InfiniBand cable vendors.
3. Bring this form to the Plugfest (electronic version is best) along with your device(s).
Return to Index Page.